Choosing Medicine & the Medical Sciences
- Is Medicine right for you? We provide guidance from experienced medical professionals.
- Our experts analyse your academic history and compare your profile against our data and research into UK medical admissions
Are you at this stage? Book an Initial Consultation.
- Work experience is a crucial component of a strong personal statement. Get relevant, fascinating and fun work experience through Dukes Medical Applications’ official partnership with Medical Projects.
Our Application Support Programme includes a week of relevant work experience, with incredible travel opportunities throughout Europe and as far afield as India!
- Proving that you are passionate about Medicine is all about demonstrating your self-driven, independent study
- Bridge the gap between Sixth Form and Undergraduate study in your subject – work with an academic mentor through advanced topics to help you make a powerful application and excel at interview
Our Application Support Programme includes 20 hours of one-to-one mentoring in Medicine.
- Submit an outstanding paper application – work one-to-one with your mentor through as many drafts of your personal statement as necessary
- Get feedback from the experts with a review from a Medical Admissions Tutor
Application Support Programme clients will have as many drafts of their personal statement reviewed by experts until it is considered ready to go.
Admissions Tests (BMAT/UKCAT)
- Improve your scores with expert tuition from test specialists
- Feel fully prepared – work through unique practice papers developed by our Medical Admissions Consultants, updated every year for the most accurate reflection of each test
- Maximise your marks by leveraging your strengths and strategising for time and technique in challenging sections
Our Application Support Programme includes 4 hours of test-specific tuition with a specialist, plus as much time on the test as you need through mentoring, and attendance on all courses.
Alternatively, join our a one-day intensive BMAT Course or UKCAT Course.
Interviews & MMI
- Prepare for the unknown by experiencing a range of interview styles, such as back-to-back interviews with different tutors on our Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) Preparation Days
- Reduce your nerves and improve your confidence through a Communication Skills Session with an NLP expert
- Improve your answers and communication in your subject through subject-specific, one-to-one mentoring and constant feedback
Mentoring on our Application Support Programme, provides a foundation for exceptional interview performance, cemented by a private, two-hour Communications Skills Session, and attendance on our MMI Preparation Days.
Contact us about our one-day MMI Preparation Days, providing intensive preparation for both traditional and Multiple Mini Interviews.
Once your application to your four choices is complete, your dedicated Education Consultant will continue to guide you through any further challenges in the application, from further interviews, to making an informed final choice when receiving multiple offers.
Getting Your Grades
You are most likely to receive a conditional offer that requires you to get certain grades. Dukes Medical Applications is part of Dukes Education, which can offer you further A Level, Pre-U or IB tuition if you need it.